White City

Street Address: 
6300 S King Drive
Chicago, IL

This amusement park was central to the Cottage Grove district in the early 1900s. The amusement park featured roller coasters, water rides, a Ferris wheel, a carousel, bowling alleys, shooting galleries, and a roller skating rink. Opened in 1905, closed in 1934.

The park had its own publication, The White City Magazine. The 1905 issues have been digitized and are available on the Internet Archive.

The White City was pictured in many postcards from the time.
Penny Postcard Archives
Chicago History in Postcards



1905 - 1934


Add comment