Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:58
The Virginia Hotel was built in 1891. According to an article in the Chicago Tribune of June 24, 1905, the hotel was built by the McCormick family on the site of the Leander J. McCormick house, which was destroyed in the fire of 1871. The family sold the hotel in 1905. On April 15, 1932, the Tribune reported on a final "funeral" held at the hotel, which was slated for demolition, to be replaced by a parking lot.
A advertising pamphlet published by the hotel from the University of Illinois-Champaign library has been digitized by UIUC/Open Content Alliance.
1891 - 1932