South Side Hebrew Congregation (Reformed)
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
South Side Hebrew Congregation (Reformed) was founded in 1888, according to The Jews of Illinois (1901.) It's first permanent synagogue was located at 3433 Indiana Av from 1899 to 1914. The Tribune reported on the laying of its cornerstone on June 12, 1899. In 1915, the congregation moved to 59th and Michigan.