House of the Good Shepherd

Street Address: 
Orleans and Hill
Chicago, IL

House of the Good Shepherd (1859)

1871 Building on Market (Orelans) Street destroyed in the Great Chicago Fire; 1876 rebuilt; 1905 moved to Racine and Grace Streets

Harry C. Koenig, editor, A History of the Offices, Agencies, and Institutions of the Archdiocese of Chicago: Published in Observance of the Golden Jubilee of the Priesthood of His Eminence, John Cardinal Cody, 2 volumes (Chicago: The Archdiocese of Chicago, 1981), 2:902




1859 - 1905

Add comment