Congregation Tiphereth Israel Anshe Luknik
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
The American Jewish Yearbook for 1899-1900 (available online from the American Jewish Archives) records Congregation Tiphereth Israel Anshe Luknik as being founded in 1891.
It is recorded on W. 14th Street in the city directories of 1897 through 1917. An article in the Tribune of April 21, 1901, includes a drawing of the synagogue.
According to A Walk to Schul by Kraus and Schwartz, it merged with Beth Hamdresh Hagodol in the early 1920s. The combined congregation met at Douglas and St. Louis.
1897 - 1920