Congregation Beth El/ Rodef Sholem
Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:05
Congregation Beth El was an early congregation on the Northwest side, founded in 1871. It was orginally known as Rodef Sholom.
In 1957, the congregation moved to Touhy and Albany from its previous building at Palmer and Sawyer. The Tribune reported on the opening of the new temple on August 25, 1957. In the 1980s, the congregation opened a new temple in Northbrook, Illinois, and this temple was closed in the 1990s.
A centennial book of this congregation was published in 1971.
Rodef Sholom Church (1873 city directory)
Congregation Bethel (1902 city directory)