Cong. Oir Chodash (Englewood) (Reformed)
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
Cong. Oir Chodash is listed in at 700 Englewood Avenue from 1907 to 1956 in Chicago city directories and phone books; it was previously listed at several nearby Halsted adresses in 1905 and 1906. On Aug. 31, 1956, the Chicago Tribune reported that the synagogue was to be demolished to make room for the expansion of Union Avenue. In 1957-1961, it is listed at 6507 S. Halsted.