Anshe Sholem Center
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:01
Anshe Sholem Center was a branch of Anshe Sholom, which was located at Polk and Ashland when this branch was founded, and moved to Independence and Polk in 1928.
This branch is mentioned in the Tribune as early as April 18, 1918. It is listed in the city directories as late as 1928. A Walk to Schul has a profile of this center on page 89.
Meites' History contains a profile of this congregation on pages 489-492.
The Anshe Sholom B’nai Israel website also has a history of the congregation.
1918 - 1928