Anshe Kanesses Israel
3411-3419 Douglas Boulevard
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:01
Acording to Meites, this congregation was founded in 1875. Several years after its founding, it built a small synagogue at Clinton and Judd St. A larger structure was built on the same site in 1884. It dedicated a new temple at 3411-19 Douglas Boulevard in 1913. An article on the planning of this temple was published in the Chicago Tribune on Dec. 23, 1912. In the 1950s, the congregation merged with Torah Synagogue and moved to 75th and Yates, according to A Walk to Shul by Kraus and Schwartz.
Anshe Kneseth Israel (Meites)
Russiche Shul (Meites)