All Saints Catholic Cemetery and Mauseleum
Submitted by gfrere on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:57
8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. M-F
9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. Saturday
The older part of the cemetery, All Saints East, opened in 1923 and is noted for a most attractive cemetery design of roads converging into concentric circles throughout the cemetery. All Saints West was opened in 1954 and was the site of the first Interment Chapel built in the Archdiocesan Cemeteries in 1961. In 1976, All Saints Catholic Cemetery became the site of the third Community Mausoleum in the Archdiocese, dedicated by Cardinal Cody. In 1994 and 1995, respectively, Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Marian Shrines were opened.
On July 30, 2001, the Immaculate Heart of Mary Garden Mausoleum was dedicated by Cardinal Frances George. The garden crypts are arranged symmetrically as a series of large rectangular blocks flanking a central courtyard with a sky-lit, glass canopy. The new garden crypts feature a lighted 50' tall, pre-cast concrete tower containing four 28' high by 7' wide terra cotta/ceramic mosaic panels. A 75' long black granite fountain with forty jets is located in the sky-lit courtyard. Four panels of niches are covered with Mosiac fronts. Each Mosiac front measures 9' 4" high by 16' 7" wide.
Find a Grave
Hucke, Matt, and Ursula Bielski. Graveyards of Chicago: The People, History, Art, and Lore of Cook County Cemeteries
Chicago, Ill.: Lake Claremont Press, 2013 (2nd ed.)
Call No. Chicago Browsing F547.C7 H84 2013
1923 - 9999